You may have heard the expression “first impression is the last impression,” which could not be more accurate than when it comes to job search. Your resume is your first impression for potential employers; it is a crucial determinant behind whether you will receive that call for an interview or not.
Often, the most prominent concern everyone has is the cost associated with getting a professional resume done. You might be thinking, “why don’t I just write my resume and save the money?” While that is something you could do, it may end up affecting you in the long run.
A professionally written resume can help you stand out from the crowd. It will highlight your accomplishments and even uncover your hidden skills and talents.
- Professional Expertise: Resume writers are often HR consultants who have many years of experience in the industry and know what companies are looking for. You may have only written a resume a couple of times in your life, but resume writers write hundreds of resumes. They are well aware of the “Dos” and “Don’ts” of the industry and ensure your resume is up to code.
- Demonstrates Your Value: Most people find it hard to brag about themselves. We tend to underestimate the things we do, thinking that “everyone does that.” This thought process often leads us to undersell ourselves. Professional writers give your skills and experience an objective perspective that can accurately explain your background and highlight your achievements.
- Focus on Your Positives: Maybe you have large gaps in your employment history or have not held a long-term position in a while. A professionally done resume will draw attention away from that and pull focus towards your skills and accomplishments. They cannot make up experience you do not have but can revamp any issues to have a fair shot at the job.
- Use Keywords: The majority of employers nowadays have Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) that scan your resume for keywords & formatting, and if your resume does not add up, it may never be seen. Resume writers are well versed in ATS and know what keywords to use and when. The reason you are not getting that call back could be because you are not using the right keywords. Resume writers help you bypass ATS so that your resume ends up in front of employers.
- Unique to You: It may seem like a good idea to use an online template where you can enter your information and get a “cookie-cutter” resume, but employers see right through that. The thing is you are unique; no one has the same experiences or work history and employers must see that. By getting your resume professionally written, you can ensure that you are showcasing the best possible side of yourself and can stand behind your resume in confidence.
A professional resume is a long-term investment in yourself and if done right, you should only have to use it a couple of times in life. So, save yourself the time and stress and send in your resume today for a free consultation.